Characteristics of DBMS
- It uses a digital repository established on a server to store and manage the information.
- It can provide a clear and logical view of the process that manipulates data.
- DBMS contains automatic backup and recovery procedures.
- It contains ACID properties which maintain data in a healthy state in case of failure.
- It can reduce the complex relationship between data.
- It is used to support manipulation and processing of data.
- It is used to provide security of data.
- It can view the database from different viewpoints according to the requirements of the user.
Puts a comment in the document
Defines an abbreviated form of a longer word or phrase.
Database Management System
- Database management system is a software which is used to manage the database. For example: MySQL, Oracle, etc are a very popular commercial database which is used in different applications.
- DBMS provides an interface to perform various operations like database creation, storing data in it, updating data, creating a table in the database and a lot more.
- It provides protection and security to the database. In the case of multiple users, it also maintains data consistency.
DBMS allows users the following tasks:
- Data Definition: It is used for creation, modification, and removal of definition that defines the organization of data in the database.
- Data Updation: It is used for the insertion, modification, and deletion of the actual data in the database.
- Data Retrieval: It is used to retrieve the data from the database which can be used by applications for various purposes.
- User Administration: It is used for registering and monitoring users, maintain data integrity, enforcing data security, dealing with concurrency control, monitoring performance and recovering information corrupted by unexpected failure.
New Tag:Specifies a command the user can invoke.
What is Database
The database is a collection of related or inter-related data which is used to retrieve, insert and delete the data efficiently. It is also used to organize the data in the form of a table, schema, views, and reports, etc.
Defines a hyperlink.